• First-Come-First-Serve. All recording sessions will be booked on a first-come-first-serve basis.
• Deposits. A deposit will be required up front at the time of the signing of your contract.
• Deposit Refunds. If you sign in front of a Musical Horizon® representative, we are required by law to provide you with a full refund if requested within 3 Business Days of signing, unless services are provided within those 3 Business Days. This request must be made in writing. If you cancel 11 or more days before the recording session, you may request a credit towards future services, or a refund. If you cancel within 10 days of a recording session, your deposit becomes non-refundable, unless otherwise stated.
• Indoor Requirement. All recording sessions must be held indoors.
• Equipment Drop-off and Parking. Parking must be provided for all venues. If parking is not available adjacent to a venue, access to a drop-off location adjacent to the venue must be provided.
• Electric. At least one functioning standard electric socket, 110-120 VAC, must be provided within an adequately close proximity to our equipment.
• Microphone Positioning. We do not hang microphones above performers. In most circumstances microphones will be positioned in front of performers.
• Insurance. Insurance must be procured for all recording sessions providing coverage for property damage and personal injuries to third-parties.
• Licenses. For all sound recordings that we record or edit, Musical Horizon, LLC will purchase licenses for any third-party work(s) used that are copyright protected. You will be responsible for reimbursing us for these costs. Once we provide you with the final product, it becomes your sole responsibility to purchase additional licenses, if necessary. For all video recordings, it is your sole responsibility to obtain necessary licenses and/or permissions.
• Usage Rights. In general, your usage of the final product is limited to the terms of fair use laws or for educational, scholarship, and/or private uses.
• Other Usage. You may use the final product for other purposes only after negotiating a copyright assignment agreement, usually involving the payment of a Copyright Purchase Fee.
• Client Samples. We protect your right of first publication. As such, we will never provide a copy of your project to a third-party without your specific written request. We further will not provide samples of your projects to potential clients. Your hard work deserves protection from those who might use your style or interpretation for their gain. Your copyright in your performance and sound recording will be protected to the best of our ability.
Confidentiality, Privacy, and Security
• Secure Technologies. We take the security of your projects very seriously. We have screened all of our hosting and storage providers (HostDime Global Corp.; rsync.net, Inc.; Dropbox, Inc.; Code42 Software, Inc.; JotForm Inc.; RingCentral, Inc.; JN Projects, Inc.; Chaport, LLC) to insure they maintain security. On top of this we use the following encryption technologies: CrashPlan (to encrypt our online backups) and Boxcryptor (to encrypt data files stored on our cloud services). Our website is encrypted using a security certificate. Whenever you submit data to us it will be encrypted in transport to our server using banking-level encryption. Lastly, we utilize Private Internet Access VPN encryption and tunneling when transferring data to and from our local machines to the internet.
• Confidentiality Agreements. We do not have any issues with signing a confidentiality agreement. Nobody needs to know you used our services.
Payments and Delivery of Product
• Checks. We reserve the right to wait five banking days after depositing to verify that checks have cleared prior to releasing product to you.
• Credit/Debit Cards. Once services are provided, chargebacks are strictly prohibited.
• Student Discounts. We offer student discounts.
• Payment Plan. We offer a payment plan.
• Payments Must Clear. We reserve the right to withhold all product until your payments have cleared.
• By the minute. We bill you for the exact number of minutes used. We do not round up.
• Interruptions. The Musical Horizon® engineer will be the sole decision maker as to if interruptions during a session shall be billable at the full rate, a discounted rate, or not at all. In most circumstances, if we complete setup early, we will not bill you. However, for example, if there is a work delay between a rehearsal and a concert, that time may be billed at a discounted rate.
Media and Storage
• Backups. Although, we do create backups of all sessions as soon as possible following the completion of your session, you are required to maintain your own backups of any product we provide to you.
• Online Storage. We can provide you your final product in physical or digital formats. Digital formats can be downloaded from our web server, or from a third-party server of our choice. You will have the opportunity to select a password.
• CDs, DVDs, Blu-Ray Discs, Hard Drives. We use Taiyo-Yuden CD-Rs or equivalent. We use Verbatim DVD-Rs or Blu-Ray Discs, or equivalent. Files can also be provided on USB Thumb Drives (we generally use 32 GB Type A).
Cancellation, Corrections, and Refunds
• Cancellation. All cancellations must be in writing. You may be held responsible for all work performed up until written cancellation is received.
• Corrections. We will make any necessary corrections for technical errors if you contact us within ten days from the delivery date of the final product.
• Refunds. Unless otherwise stated, we do not issue refunds unless a technical error, caused by us, cannot be corrected.