Have experienced engineers create crystal clear audio recordings of your professional recital, senior recital, junior recital, or other special event. A recital recording is great to help you track your progress, to give or sell to friends, family, and fans, or simply to just save for yourself as a personal keepsake. We come to your location in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. All you have to worry about is sounding your best.
No matter if your recital is for educational or promotional purposes, we have the savvy and high-tech equipment to get the job done well. A recital recording captures a featured solo performer with or without accompaniment. On occasion, our clients’ recitals have had small ensembles, and we will work to ensure that your talents stand out among the crowd.
Our typical recital recording clientele consists of:
- Solo performers
- Solo performer with piano accompaniment
- Student performers
- Groups of musicians, with one performer featured
- Teacher or professor recitals
- Professional performers
Your recital’s recording is made to match your concert program. The tracking and titles of compositions will be presented on a printout album cover.
Recital Recording Packages
We offer three standard packages for recital recordings: Audio CD Package, Digital Audio Package, and the Audio CD & Digital Files package.
The services for these packages include: Digital Audio File(s) via Downoad or USB Thumb Drive Package Online Storage Fee
Audio CD Package Audio CD & Digital Audio File(s) Package
Recorded at your location Yes Yes Yes
Custom Microphone Placement Yes Yes Yes
Classically Trained Musician as Audio Engineer Always Always Always
Live Audio Mixing Yes Yes Yes
Dual Audio Capture Recording System* Yes Yes Yes
Audio CDs 3 copies included No 3 copies included
WAV Audio File(s) via Download n/a Included at no charge**
Password Protected Download n/a Yes Yes
WAV Audio File(s) on USB Thumb Drive No Included at no charge** Fee Per required CD Set or USB Thumb Drive
MP3 Audio Files Additional Fee Additional Fee Additional Fee
Online Storage Fee No No If Online Storage Chosen
Copy Protection*** Never Never Never
Background Noise Reduction Yes Yes Yes
Normalization Yes Yes Yes
Tracking Yes Yes Yes
Removal Yes Yes Yes
CD Mastering Yes n/a Yes
Splicing and other advanced editing Upon request Upon request Upon request
RAW Audio Additional Fee Additional fee Additional Fee
Student Discount Available Yes Yes Yes
Travel Fees Free within 30 min. Free within 30 min. Free within 30 min.
Rush Order Option***** Yes Yes Yes
Shipping Fees Free UPS Ground****** for up to 5 CD sets n/a Free UPS Ground****** for up to 5 CD sets
Payment Plan Available Yes Yes Yes
Digital Audio File(s) via Downoad or USB Thumb Drive Package
Online Storage Fee
* engineers record on at least two audio capture devices for every session.
** You choose either Audio File(s) via Download or on USB Thumb Drive. If both are desired, there is an additional fee.
*** engineers do not put anything into our Audio CDs or Audio Files that will prevent you from copying them yourself. However, you are required to follow our copyright policies.
**** You get free MP3 conversion also!
***** Available, but upon approval of the audio engineer. We charge a premium price for this. Please schedule early!
****** This is an overnight shipment for most areas we service!
One should never record without first deciding where to place the microphones and how each microphone should be positioned. To achieve the best results, different combinations of instruments require different microphone placements. Unlike some recording engineers, a engineer does not just plop the mic stand in the same place for each recording.
We increase the amplitudes (similar to volume) of your recordings. Without this, your recordings would sound significantly lower in volume. Our philosophy (for live recording) is that your finished product should be a direct representation of the music being recorded. We generally use a constant normalization value for the entire performance. See the editing page for more details.
- professional videography services provide you with high-quality video and audio footage of your performance.
- Many performers giving recitals also have CD albums for sale at their concerts. Another trend is digital download cards. We recommend that these albums have at least one song that you just performed.
- We can format your recordings for digital distribution as well as prepare them to be sent for professional CD replication (glass master stamped) and/or duplication (burned to disc).
- Before you hire a engineer for your recital or concert recording, be certain the venue you perform in allows outside recording equipment. Clear any issues with your chosen venue so our engineers are free to place microphones in optimal locations for best sound quality.
- Always schedule your recording session well enough in advance of your recital date to ensure our availability. Recording sessions are scheduled on a first-come-first-serve basis. engineers only create professional recordings, which cannot be made available immediately at the end of the session like consumer grade cassette tapes, MiniDisc, or Flash recorder recordings. Our recordings can take a week or longer to process, depending upon your recording’s needs.
- Reserve your recital’s location for at minimum an hour before your performance and an hour after your performance is scheduled to be completed. Our equipment takes time to be setup and taken down. For example, if your recital is an hour long, you need to schedule the recording location for a minimum of 3 hours, preferably 4 hours.
- If you are using an accompanist make sure that they know what time to arrive and that your piano has been recently tuned prior to your recital.
- Make a request to your audience to turn off all cell phones prior to the performance. These extraneous sounds sometimes cannot be removed from your performance.
Speak with a knowledgeable engineer today
Let us help you achieve your professional and educational goals. Give us a call today at 973-287-4029 or email us at email@example.com to schedule a free consultation with our lead engineer.
- Do you need audio recording services? Video recording services? Or a combination of both?
- Are you a student, amateur, professional?
- Do you plan on giving more than one performance a year?
- Are you planning to use these recordings for professional/commercial/fundraising/marketing/other purposes?
- Do you need digital product (WAV, MP3, MP4) or physical product (Audio CD, DVD, Blu-Ray Disc)? Or both?